Tuesday, April 3, 2018




Hi this is Lucia. I am reading Uncle Tom's Cabin, written by Harriet Beecher Stowe. The book is about  Uncle Tom being sold, and sent down South. It talks about his journey, and his new fate.Uncle Tom's Cabin   has quite a few  stereotypes. One of those stereotypes would be Haley, because he is an uneducated slave trader. That is what was thought of slave traders at that time. Another stereotype would be Rachel, because she is what you would think of a  Quaker. Even though there are some stereotypes, it breaks a lot of them. Like Mr. and Mrs. Shelby, you would think slave owners were harsh and cruel, but they were not. Mrs. Shelby regrets owning slaves, and says that it is unchristian.  I predict that there will be a dramatic twist, such as Eliza won't make it North. So far, my book has been really good, and I can't wait to read the rest.

1 comment:

  1. Hi this is Chance and I totally agree about all the stereotypes you just listed,but one stereotype I found in my book is kind of the opposite of Haley, who is supposed to represent the typical uneducated slave trader. The stereotype I found in my book(the adventures of Huck Finn) was Jim who is the opposite of Haley because he is supposed to represent the typical uneducated slave.

    ReplyDelete