Monday, April 2, 2018

I am Juliette Early and I am reading The Help

The Help scruntizes black steryotypes and social standars of African Americans. The steryotypes are that black people are dirty, lazy, and carry diease. Hilly, a rich white woman said
"A bill that requires every white home to have a separate bathroom for the colored help. I've even notified the surgeon general of Mississippi to see if he'll endorse the idea. I'll pass." W(1.32) White doctors helpped create the steryotype that black people cared diease. This steryotype helped create a law that legally allowed white people to discremnate against black people. It also reinforced racism and the steryotype. Also the steroytypes of black people were passed ongeneration after generatin. Aibileen said  "I want to yell so loud that Baby Girl can hear me that dirty ain't a color, disease ain't the negro side of town. I want to stop that moment from coming – and it come in every white child's life – when they start to think that colored folks are not as good as whites." (7.80) Many children are born with racial prejudices and sterotypes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment